The Caesar Salad was invented by Alex-Caesar Cardini in 1924.
To create your Caesar Salad:
- You will need 6 cloves of garlic, ¼ lb. butter, ½ cup olive oil and 3 cups French or baguette bread cut into ¾ inch cubes
- Puree garlic with butter and oil, simmer gently in fry pan.
- Toss with bread cubes and bake on a cookie sheet at 350° until light golden brown
- You will need 3 heads Romaine (inner leaves only) and fresh grated Parmesam
- Toss lettuce leaves cut or whole with Tomaso’s Classic Caesar
- Sprinkle liberally with Parmesan. Garnish with garlic croutons. Enjoy.
Serves three to four